ECONOMICS/BUSINESS EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Economics/ Business Department is one the active departments in the school. It is a department that every year serves slightly over one thousand (1,000) students. At O' level, Students offer Entrepreneurship Education. At A’ level, both Economics and Entrepreneurship Education are offered.
The subjects handled in the department include;
- Entrepreneurship Education (845/1 & 2)
- Entrepreneurship Education (P230)
The department is known for team work, hard work and excellent performance. It is among the few departments that offers optional subjects but with biggest number of students.
The following are the teachers in the department and what they teach;
- Mr. Ssali Ally (Economics and Entrepreneurship Education)
- Mrs. Nagawa Rovine Luwooza (Entrepreneurship Education)
- Mrs. Nakanwagi Cissy Kalema (Economics)
- Ms. Namulindwa Jesca (Economics and Entrepreneurship)
- Mr. Katamba John Anthony (Economics and Entrepreneurship)
- Mr. Kusolo Alex (Entrepreneurship Education)
Key activities/achievements in the department;
- Junior achievers have various projects that have shown the degree of creativity innovativeness among students; Students have won various prizes at Regional, National and International events.
- Offers opportunity to learners experience what takes place in real life business world e.g job Shadow in Barclays Bank, MADDO medical stores, MADDO Diaries, St. Josephs's Kitovu printery etc.
- Field trips, and field attachments that are successfully organized.
- Internal and external seminars are frequently organized
- Team teaching and assessment are valued in the department.
- Generally, the performance in Business Education subjects has been consistently very commendable.
FOR GREATER HORIZONS
MR. SSALI ALLY (HEAD OF DEPARTMENT)